Monday, July 23, 2007

Want to Wander...

I know of a bird, which has left the cosy nest, and has wandered out to explore the world. She does not want to follow the norm which her clan has followed so far.

I had a talk with her and she said, i just want to go where life takes me, i don't have any destination in mind, i just want to experience things, as they unfold.

She was telling me about her journey so far, the kind of people she met...a boy who was lost in the world of art, for whom nothing else mattered...his life devoted to understand art....a girl who was a bundle of joy and who would make friends at the drop of a hat...a Chinese lady, who could not communicate with her, but her warmth was beyond the boundaries of speech...
and she carried on and on....

i asked her don't u want to stop somewhere and make your home.

And she said, wherever i am, its my home.

I said don't you want achieve something, something u can be proud of, like your cousin who has settled in Himalayas, and has set an example that nothing is impossible for a sparrow.

People who are close to you must be expecting something from you.

She laughed and said, do i need to achieve something for myself or others. If i can live the life with a open mind, i would be satisfied...

And then she started to talk about the future travel plans she had, she wanted to visit someone old aunt of hers who is very wise and how times flies when she is with her....and she wants to go to Antarctica and see the penguins..

She told me about her friend/guide wind, who is all wise and tells her of the interested places she should go to...i said, can u introduce me to your friend wind.

I also want to wander....

2 comments:

Jaya said...

Hey Madhu, Very nicely written. We all are seeking something in life and believe me, we all are destined to achieve it if we keep pursuing.

God could not have given us brains to think for nothing...

Archana Bahuguna said...

Beautifully written. One thing we all need in life is to be able to set ourselves free. That would be most wonderful and also magical. :-)