Monday, February 25, 2008

Object of Affection
My friend J tagged me to write about Object of Affection.
Believe me or not...my object of affection has been pens and notebooks for a long time.

I just love exploring the different pens in a stationery shop and checking the different notepads..see which one has real smooth pages.

If you think this is crazy hear this.
When i was a kid, used to get pocket money of about 20 Rs. I used to save that money and buy a thick register which had real smooth pages...it used to be like a prized possession earned with hard earned money. My brother on the contrary used to blow the pocket money on the same day, he will pick a chocolate, packet of chips and enjoy his afternoon after school eating all that while reading a book. I would just go and beg him to give me some, and normally he used to share his stuff...must say had a decent bro ;)

At the start, i would write beautifully...slowly the book will seem not that new and there would be a decline in my handwriting :) and then i cannot wait for the copy to get filled, so that i can buy a new one.

Even now, i prefer buying my own copy for office, though we get stationary from office.
P.S. My handwriting is still bad...only the initial pages in the copy are good(should i say readable ;)).

5 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

Notebooks khareedne ka shauk toh mujhe bhi hai, bohot mehnat karke khareedti thi, specially ghar ke notes ke liye :-). Specially blank good quality pages he he :-)

Jaya said...

:) I used to love the reynold pen that used to come a decade back. Not sure whether they still manufacture.

Madhu said...

i think reynold pens abhi bhi aate hai...the 045 ones were real sharp.

Archana Bahuguna said...

Haai, mujhe Reynolds wala pen chahiye :-(. Abey is baar tu India se mere liye 5-6 le kar aaiyo, black aur blue, okie?

Madhu said...

okay madam :)