Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back Home
I am back home after a stint of 8 months in US. The longest i have stayed from home till now. Not that i was home sick, just wanted to take a break or should i say escape from the rut of work work work. Not that the work was crazy its a combination of how much people acknowledge efforts. In here by people i refer to clients.
One needs to think of work as just a job and nothing more i guess. My colleague told me once that in consulting we are like waiters, serve them, if they do not like it accept it politely and serve them again...will never form such mindset by choice.

My visit to Delhi is marked by doing three things always.
1. Go to CP, go to a music shop, book shops and clothes shop, take a walk through the emporiums, i always find something interesting to pick there
2. Go to Kaleva in Gol Market and buy mirchi waale chips :)
3. Go to Ashok Vihar for random shopping

When i go to the shops near my home, i meet the shopwaalas who have seen me when i was a kid, can feel the warmth in their smile :). One shopwaala asked me bete tumhari padaayi ho gayi, i told him woh to kab ki ho gayi, ab job karti hu...thank god he did not ask the next obvious question in line.

This time, i took the metro to go to CP. Was surprised to see people had queued to board the train, you may think its a simple thing,but if u know the delhiwaala's its a big achievement in making them form a line :). Normally in metros, there is announcement that be careful of pickpocketing etc, in delhi u will also hear 'people do not push your co passengers while getting down' message...this is the trade mark of delhities, impatience is the middle name. Was wondering what an foreigner will feel hearing this message.

In this trip could meet lot of my close friends, had real nice time being with them, those are my cherished memories of this time's visit. Now looking forward to going to b'lore.

3 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey, nice post. Metro announcement of "Please do not push..." is really funny. And people forming a line is totally mind boggling. I have to see it to believe it. I guess I must travel by metro this time when in Delhi.

Hope to see you .. lets see how things turn out.. I emailed you.

Jaya said...

Nice to read a post from you. I did ride the metro 3 yrs back but I don't remember whether I stood in a line :) Maybe I did. But I was amazed how spotless the station and the train was. :) :)