Thursday, September 09, 2010

Nameless Bond

Some bonds are not explainable and do not need any conversation...the silence says it all.
The is a conversation happening in silence...have felt such a bond with my auto-wallah.


Every day when get i dropped to office, i give him a nod...a nod which a  6 yr old gives to her papa saying 'aap ab jaao'...and i too get a similar nod back from him :)



There have been time when i have called him from office at night asking me to pick up...always felt he could sense my SOS and ensures he or someone else picks me.


In the morning, when i call him..there is a very sweet voice which picks the call and when i ask her 'bhaiya ab aa sakte hai', she says 'ha aayenge'. Every day we just have the same conversation. I felt this must be his wife..who religiously picks the call for him.

Today, our conversation was slightly different. After my regular query, she asked me in proper english, Wanted to ask u something, are u veg or non-veg? I was surprised and impressed by the clarity of talk that too in english...i asked her why are u asking me this? She said, papa ne poochne ko bola hai...ramzaan aa raha hai na isliye. Asked my auto wallah today, kon si class mein padti hai aapki beti...got to know she is in 7th class.

Hoping to have more conversation with her next time i call.

4 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

Yeah ... it is "unforunately" amazing to see that such people are still there ... or maybe there are many more but obviously we are only publishing crap in the newspapers and believing that life is only bad ... I remember that bhaiya ... We went in his auto to the mall and then the temple :-).

Archana Bahuguna said...

Btw I love your background :-).

Madhu said...

Archana, this is the same auto wallah :)

Archana Bahuguna said...

Mahan ladhki, wohi keh rahi hoon! SAmajh gayi! :-)