Friday, August 03, 2007

Formalities

I hate it when i end up doing something which i do not like doing but do not want to be rude.

Take this simple case, you are out of at a client location, and u r the only girl...there is a guy with you who does not know how to cook...u have nothing in common to talk about..u r forced to think, should i make food for him too.

One way when u think about it, whats the big deal...on one side i read books on buddha who is full of compassion and you really want to follow him, when it comes real life...u r contemplating what your right act should be for such petty matters.

So i face this conflict between the spiritual me and the feminist me.The feminist in me, never lets me do anything which she thinks people want me to do as its a girl thing...:), do it if u feel for it, that's it.

If i look back and think about how i was when in college, if my mother ever wanted me to dress up nicely...when we went to some relatives place...i will never do that..she had to really persuade me and then she will just give up on me.

another instance of the feminist ruling the way..if someone came to our house to stay and the luggage had to be brought up...i will pick it up and bring it on..just to prove a point that...don't think women are weak..and at night will ask my mom to put Moov, as i can feel the strain.


I guess, with age, the feminist and the spiritual me will become friends and come to a conclusion and i will just follow :)

4 comments:

Tys on Ice said...

Talking the walk and walking the talk : the greatest human conflict of all times :)

You are rite, we all hope that age and experience will dull the edges..

nice observation

Mohit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mohit said...

I ponder often on the need to classify each intention/action as either right or wrong. As adults we tend to apply brain to every single thing we do.Is it really needed as long as our heart felt comfort doing it? If we still do it then whose definition of right/wrong would we be following? Ours or society's?

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey I love the feminist in you! I am right behind you in every feminist act ;-).