Saturday, October 06, 2012

So is the World


On LOA for the first time, when i took it felt that 1 month of LOA will just feel like extended vacation, just that no pay :) ,was perfectly fine with that.

On day 1 of LOA, get a call from my company saying you need to return your laptop as you are taking 31 days off, 1 day more than a month. Post few minutes, when i tried logging into my mail box(cannot mend this habit of mine of  checking mails at least once in a day). Saw that i could not log in, felt maybe i am typing something wrong, tried again. Called up the PSO lady, confirming is it because of LOA, got the answer 'Yes'.
I said how about at least help desk, if say i want to extend my LOA, got to know no access at all.

It felt very weird to be frank, 11 yrs of connect, disconnected with no concern/care. Thought of the numerous instances i had made so many personal sacrifices, always keeping work as the prime, so much that Workaholic became my adjective, which i hated so much.

Took me a while to feel okay again, in someways feeling free, no connection, completely free, i am just me and nothing else.  Connects which were really with me will remain, the rest will tamper down. A reminder how impermanent everything is and also felt how "I" centric i am, getting hurt by such small things. Recollected the following lines Kabir sang:

उड़ जाएगा पंछी अकेला 
जग दर्शन का मेला 
जैसे पात गिरे तरुवर से 
मिलना बहुत दुहेला 
न जाने किधर गिरेगा 
लगया पवन का रेला 

No comments: