Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Aunt
Went for a day to baroda to see my aunt, she used to stay in same colony as ours in delhi, only two years back they shifted to baroda.

Being there reminded me of lot of memories...
Uncle and aunty are very close friends of my parents, as well me. There were lot of time when i felt like just going to there place to just talk...and they could always relate to me...we never faced any generation gap. In delhi, most of my friend group has dispersed from delhi and i have made my mother's friends mine :)

My aunt is a very strong lady, who has lived a life which is an inspiration for us...never seen so one so selfless...she was the pillar of strength for my mom, when my father passed away. Like an elder sister, she used to take care of her.

I had planned to go to baroda when i had taken 2 months off...because of some confusion did not go...when i talked her, she had no complaints of any sorts.

Seeing now her in ICU...felt real bad...felt very helpless...could not do any normal talk with anyone there...felt whatever i say is utter waste and meaningless.

Felt how futile is this existence..there is so much pain around...

Could see some people talk general things "aapke yaha filter coffee powder milta hai"...i was like who cares a damn abt it... i guess they were trying to just have normal talk....even that is important i guess.

Only thing that was bundle of joy there were her grandchildren...twins...seeing them everyone seemed to lighten-up. Thank you advait and akshaj for being there for everyone.

I hope she recovers a bit and does not go through too much pain.

2 comments:

Jaya said...

Madhu, There are moments in life when all we can do is pray. We feel helpless but should not lose hope. Hoping for a speedy and healthy recovery for your aunt.

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hope she is doing better now ...