Sunday, September 23, 2007

Perceptions

If we look around and see, we have formed perceptions about each and every person, and we just act based on it.

Something which we do unknowingly becomes the key characteristic in other person's eyes.
If i look inside and think about the common perspection people of me...i am for most of my office colleagues a workholic, who has no life....:-)

I once did some leadership building course, as part of that two people were paired up and were asked to fill questionaire which had questions about the other person.
From my partner i got to hear, i don't want to work with her...she seems no fun types...i was shocked to hear that...then i realise maybe thats the feel outsiders get of me.

Recently went to a b'day party of my friend's son and my friend said, thanks Mataji for coming...man i could feel the age at that moment. I wonder what made him create such an image of me :)

I am still trying to decipher that :)

5 comments:

Jaya said...

When you hear these comments, you should also remember that you are the same person whom 6 months back a colleague thought to be 20 years old!

Mohit said...

I feel that there is a thin line between being 110% committed to our responsibilities and being workaholic. No one else but only you can tell on which side you are.
Your course partner is my project partner these days. Did you know that he doesn't want to work at all ;) ?

Archana Bahuguna said...

"From here and now on, there is no thing as age."

Archana Bahuguna said...

On a more serious note. Fun means different things to different people. Pondering on feedback is good because it helps us know ourselves better and also helps us know if there is a difference between the "we", we think we are and the "we" others see us as. The only thing that matters is to decide who we want to be and then work towards it.

On a lighter note again, this coming from a person who told me once, "You have only two modes - child and Dadi amma" :-p.

Komila said...

It is very sad, people have changed alot.

In this world, there are very few people who can acknowledge one's identity and appreciate it.
People just appreciate what they want to, nothing else.

dont bother such low class stuff, we are above all that...

remember, we are the best :) and smile when they say that.. :)

lotsa love