Sunday, January 06, 2008

Little Stream

As i trudge on this path of life
sometimes i break new barriers and discover new paths
at those moments, realize my potential and start thinking about the countless possibilities i have, ya ya i feel on top of the world
and i laugh at the people who thought i cannot do it
and also feel gratitude for all the people who encouraged me and were there for me
my friend puppy whom i call chotu or the big buffalo who comes to drink water and then gives me lot of Gyan

sometimes because of my lack of strength have to follow old paths laid by my elders
at such times realize my limitations and wish god had given me more strength

On this journey, have met lot of sweet people
remember the small boy who wanted me to take his paper boat safely to the big river
or the girl shanti who would dress me up with little wild flowers
or shambu the lover who would sit on the bank and sings beautiful songs
and of course my buddy chotu, who brings along with him his entire gang and then
we have a blast...i keep looking for such company as it makes me realize i am still kid in some ways...i guess everyone is

There are times i have met some nasty people, who try to bound me and want me to become stagnant, thank god each time i met someone like that, i was able to escape

I keep hearing horror stories from my cousins who are in big cities, they talk about the kind of stuff people drop in them, thank god i am in a village, where people still love nature to some extent. I will never go to city, that's for sure.

My mother river cannot understand what i am up to, i know she is worried as every time she calls me to find out about my future plans, i give vague answers...she tells me to think well about the path, as otherwise i will never meet the big river, i will just get dried up in the journey itself

I keep telling her, jaada mat socho...we are streams and stream should just flow in the direction the god gives a sign and not think of an end.

3 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey that was a beautiful post Madhu. Interestingly, I love streams so much that your writing really touched me. And I would prefer to be in a village too...

In fact, I am reminded of a poem that was written by one of the IMT Ghzbd students Ashutosh K Jha in their magazine Faust. Remember? I still remember it was a beautiful poem on Stream. I think Jaya might remember too!

Jaya said...

That's very profound. Well written Madhu.

I remember the poem on that stream Arch but not the title.

Madhu said...

I don't remember the streams poem? Archu yaad hai to thoda bata...shayad yaad aa jaye :)