Friday, January 04, 2008

Taare Zameen Pe Review
Just got back after seeing Taare Zameen Pe, i am speechless..its been a while since i saw such a touching movie, which has been shot so beautifully...amazing storyline, excellent directions. I was always an aamir khan fan but now, this adoration has reached even higher height :) He really inspires me now...

The story is about a 8 year old who is dyslexic(has diffcultly in reading/writing), the hardships he faces because of the expectations of parents, society..and how a teacher helps him to realise what makes him unique and helps him come out of the depression...The main message is each kid is unique.
Its a must watch!

The movie made me realise....the role teachers can play. When i was in school, before 10th, i was just an average student, was never a rank holder, i don't think my parents thought i will do anything amazing(not that i have done it ;-))...in 10th met a maths teacher, who changed my life completely..she had more confidence in me than anyone i knew..she used to feel, i can be in IIT if i wanted...Its because of her, i ended up doing B.Sc(H) Maths, a subject i use to dread at one point of time. I always feel, studying under her was the turning point in my life...Owe to you Lakshmi ma'am for what i am today.

Also felt, all this competitiveness, marks, promotions etc are so meaningless in bigger scheme of things. I have seen people change based on where u r...when i was in 5th grade, i joined a school in delhi, based my marks, the so called elite/good students, decided that they will not talk me or play with me...later after few years, when my marks improved, saw the same people inviting me, talking to me.

Coming to think about it, i was normal, still had to struggle a bit(not much though). ... what will a mental challenged kid go through.

What we define as success is so shallow. Our education can make us get good jobs but do nothing with respect to making good citizens or human beings.

4 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey I am definitely watching this movie and interesting thoughts. And I agree the definition of success "in worldly terms" is really pretty meaningless and does not make us happy at all. That is why we have success and happy as two different words and they can get together only if we define success as happiness.

And hey, have you watched "The Blue umbrella" yet? ... its another top knotch movie.

Jaya said...

I will definitely watch Taare Zammen... and Blue Umbrella when I get a chance. A good teacher teaches and the best one does wonders.

Komila said...

yeah, amir is best as usual.
the movie, he made, it makes you sit up and take notice of what we must do for our next generation.

I felt, it encourages everyone to repose faith in himself against all odds, and help others also if they are in such state.

In this competitive world, it inspires all individuals to showcase their innate skills and shine with encouragment and support.

it says, i am here for you, you are the best my child/friend/love.

Madhu said...

komila, bilkul sahi bola...the movie...does make us think what are we doing in general. If you think about it, such encouragement is needed at all ages...

Archu/Joy, this movie shd top the list of movies u want to see, its an order :). Ya..i saw blue umbrella...its a very touching tale.