Sunday, May 11, 2008

Being Treated as Beggar

I normally take buses to reach office, few days back as i left from home to go the bus stop, i realised i do not have 1.5 dollars as change, the smallest note i have is a 5 dollar note. I knew in the bus ticketing slot u need to give exact money,as there is no provision for getting money back.

I felt lets see whether i get bus or cab first, if i take a cab i will have to pay more money, so in a way putting the 5 dollars would be a smart move :)

Guys do u like my logic? tell me, i am smart nah :)

So i boarded the bus, put the 5 dollars note, the machine got confused..it still kept saying drop one quarter or something..the bus driver looked and said, what did u put..i told him i put 5 dollar note, he was shocked...he said u should have given the note to me, and i would have given change. I said its fine(as that was the deal i had with myself)

He said, he will get me the money back, so as soon as the bus stopped at the next stop and people got in, he asked one guy as he was putting money to give the money to me.
The guy was zapped, he gave me such a weird look and started walking further, the driver shouted at him, either buy ticket or give the money to this lady. He shouted by why should i give it to her? I told him the entire story, he handed me the 1.5 dollars and it seemed his mood was all Tipsy-Topsy because of this incident.
He shouted back at driver, you should have explained.

At the next stop, again a lady entered..the same thing happened, she also gave me a weird look and then after telling her what happened she gave me the money.

I was not expecting the driver to do all this, but in a way felt just touched by his gesture to be fair. And also wondered why the people gave me such weird looks :)
They must be thinking she is some immigrant lost and looking for money and this driver not sure why has agreed to help her.

It was a funny experience.

No comments: