Thursday, May 29, 2008

Surprise

This Monday i got back from the long weekend late night, as i was coming back in cab, only thing i could think of was my bed...i wanted to reach soon and just crash...
Finally reached my abode, saw a message on the door from the apartment manager, call me...i thought this must be because of the non-payment of rent, decided to call her first thing tomorrow.

As i entered my room, i was surprised to find the decor of the house changed, the book shelf has been moved from its usual location...on looking closer i realised that the shelf was empty, all my stuff was not there...then i saw the bathroom was sealed and some machine was making weird noise...and realised none of my stuff is there in the apartment, not even the food stuff.

Various thoughts ran my mind...something broke that's why they had to seal the bathroom, i couldn't understand why they emptied the kitchen..another thought came, am i being thrown out of this place because of non-payment, the manager must have been real mad, hence she confiscated all my stuff and has locked it some here...then i imagined myself making a dramatic statements saying is this how u treat fellow human beings just because there was a delay in payment...i cannot stay here even for a day now blah blah...and would walkout of the place with my stuff the next day.

Decided to sleep and get up early and call up the manager. So next day called the manager, got to know that there was a leak and they had to shift my stuff to another apartment late sat night, she gave me the keys for the new apartment and apologised for the trouble.
When i got in my new room, was amazed to see that she had put things exactly the same way as i had kept. I was really touched by her action.

3 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey, when I saw the title of your blog "surprise" I first thought you wanted to surprise us with this real quick blog :-) :-).

Anyways, yeah really interesting :-) Its funny how our first reaction is mistrust or anger, isnt it? If I were in your place I would think similarly. But great it worked out in a nice way :-).

Unknown said...

They should have thrown you out!!
Give me the managers number, I will let her know about this.

Komila said...

Thank God, it turned out in a nice way....

Hope your new apt is better :) Sometimes early conclusions and actually results contrasts like the bank of a river.