Saturday, May 03, 2008

Weird Experiences

I am real bad at roads/directions and if i have someone with me...i will never bother to remember the route. I am in SF right now and have a friend with whom i normally go to office...so i never bothered to remember it properly. One day i had to go on my own, i knew the address was 845 broadway and my friend had shown me the bus stop...so i reached there way ahead of time..got into the bus..was really proud of myself on my time management skills.i knew from the bus stop i have to walk a while to reach office...so i started walking, i reached the street but could not locate the office..asked few people..they guided me...alas still no sign of THE destination.

Finally got tired, also was getting tensed as i hate coming late for meetings. So i decided to take a cab...i got into the cab, the cab guy asked me where i need to go...told him the address, he said its very near..better go by foot...so with a dissappointment of a kid,whose parent has switched off the tv and asked him/her to go and study. I got down, cursing him why does he care when i am ready to pay.
I started searching again...but alas i could ses 843 but than 847...there was no buildings with middle numbers...i decided to test another cab guy...so took another cab, told him i need to go to 845 broadway...told him i am really tired...even if its very near i want to go via cab only..its been 30 mins since i am searching for it.
We searched for a while, then he said are u sure you have the right address? I was like..what do u mean? I, I cannot do such mistake...no way..for some reason the number 845 was soo clear on my head.

Since it was getting late, i thought let me check..as usual i did not have any paper/document which had the address..and i did not have a cell to call anyone. Luckily i had a friend's number..as normally i don't have that too :).

I borrowed the cab guy's phone and called a friend...asked him the address...he said 345 broadway. I could not believe it...why did 845 sound so right to me, from where did i get that number....no clue.

I wonder, if i am like this now...i wonder how it will be when i grow old :)

2 comments:

Komila said...

Thats bad, first thing you should do i get a cellphone for yourself... and second things is, dont u wori abt getting old and other stuff... It happens many times.

Imagine, 3 as slim girl and 8 as fat guy, they go together very quickly. simple...

Archana Bahuguna said...

When you are old you will be as absent-minded as I am NOW :-D. He he ...

On a serious note, it's better to be planned especially here in the US AND to carry a cellphone for any unexpected situations.