Saturday, May 31, 2008

Re-Union

On the long weekend, i had gone to meet my friends from MCA days and a friend from work...I was looking forward to this meeting for such a long time, was meeting my friend at work after an year and the highlight of meeting my MCA friends was, we were all meeting at one friend's place and one my friend who stays in US was visiting my other friends home for the first time.

So i landed on NY Friday morning, was not expecting my friend to wait till i dropped it, before heading for office, it was nice seeing him wait for me to reach :) Walking on NY roads, reminded of India...NY people share the same impatience that u find in India.

My friend and his roommate like proper host made breakfast and then headed for work...while they were away i just listened to music and slept off.
In the evening, my friend made a cocktail called long island which i had promised i would taste, after few sips could feel my head spinning so stopped, my friend experimented his culinary skills on me(which i must say was good :), we saw a movie and then slept off. The very next day i had to go to NJ to meet my friend, so that i could go with her family to Virginia. I got up early, decided i will go on my own to the train station as it was bit early....after walking for a while, i felt maybe i am lost as the distance seemed longer compared to what i experienced when i came there for the first time. One more time my direction sense let me down :(

Anyways...finally made it on time for the train.

My friend picked me up and we all started our 6 hrs journey to Virginia, on the way we chatted, listened to some good music.

We finally reached around 6, my friend's kids were very happy to reach, as it was pretty long journey for them, must say there were amazing throughout the journey.
My friend's daughter commented on the way, its been a while since we were in anyone'
s home :)

It felt so great to meet everyone at the same place, it did not feel at all that we are meeting after a long time, it just seemed as if we are transformed back in time...The friend at whose home we met was perfect perfect host, she was all the time worried to ensure we had proper food, she will just think in terms of what to make the next day etc...I felt, how would i be if someone came to my place? Can i be like her?

You know what, her cleanliness has rubbed off a bit on me, i am trying to keep my place tidy after coming back from there.. :)

At night once the kids have slept, we all(4 of us) will end of chatting till 2, it felt like the same old MCA days, when we would meet for some assignments or birthday's. It felt nothing has changed since then, more or less we are the same set of people, just bit more wiser now i guess :) The two days we stayed there seemed so long, as we ended up doing so many things, going out, chatting till late, eating, watching movie :)

On Monday, my friend dropped me back in Washington, even the journey back was great, the route was beautiful, we talked in general...

Took my flight from DC, while coming back had to mentally prepare myself to the "real" world :)

4 comments:

Jaya said...

Yes, it was great meeting everyone A perfect break. I couldn't have asked for more. Ofcourse Arc ne khatirdaari mein koi kami nahin rakhi.. I know she gonna be mad when she reads this. :) :) :)

What you said abt NY is true regarding the impatience. Almost everyone, who is coming from outside NY has said this.

Archana Bahuguna said...

Seriously it's been one of the best weekends I have had in a long time! :-) For the first time I really felt like going back to work after the holiday :-) :-).

I believe you guys are a bit illusion-ed about your host here. Next time she will make sure that all your illusions vanish :-). But she is glad you enjoyed.

Unknown said...

I know you were really lucky to have me and Sudhir taking care of you :)

Komila said...

It is good to know that Mountain has made a move...

Stay Happy, Love
komila